LASA encourages prospective students to spend a day with one of
our current students at our campus. Prospective students will have
the opportunity to ask questions about student life, academics, and
extracurricular activities. Prospective students will attend all
classes with their campus host in order to introduce them to our
unique classroom environment. If you are interested in becoming a
shadow, please find a day that works for you on our Shadow
Schedule, request a visit, and familiarize yourself with the Shadow
Procedures. We hope you will take this opportunity to visit LASA.
We'd love to show you our campus.
You may complete the online Request to Shadow by clicking the
link below or you may download the Word document version.
Online Request to Shadow
- The school day is 8:15 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. (Please arrive by 8:00
- Report to room 276. Enter through the front doors. These are
the doors under the canopy that reads "LBJ Purple Pride: Preparing
Today to Conquer Tomorrow." Look for the yellow and purple signs
welcoming LASA Shadows near the ceiling. Go up the stairwell
immediately in front of you. This will put you near the library
entrance.Take a right at the top of the stairs and then another
right down the first hallway with lockers. The color of the wall
near the top of the ceiling will be lavender. The LASA office is
the only door on the left side of the hallway.
- As you and your parents arrive, make sure that you have the
- lunch or lunch money.
- any application materials to turn in.
- a plan on how to get home. Shadows will wait for their hosts in
the LASA conference room which is in the Main Office.
- When the shadow hosts arrive, you will be given a short
orientation about the following:
- Stay with your shadow host at all times.
- Wear name tag visibly present at all times.
- Ask lots of questions.
- Return to the LASA office if you get separated from your shadow
- Remind your host (should he or she forget) to introduce you to
his or her teacher at the beginning of the period so the teacher
knows that there is a shadow in his/her class.
- Come back to the LASA conference room with 10 minutes remaining
in the day so you can provide LASA feedback AND we can give you
absence excuse for your school.
- Please do not show up if you have not been scheduled to shadow.
You will not be allowed to shadow on that day.
- We arrange with our shadow hosts the day before to give them
the courtesy of knowing that they will be providing a tour to a
student the following day.
LASA hosts shadows during the second semester. Please check the
calendar to see when you can come visit our school.